Developments and Research over Easter

After a productive (and restful) Easter break, I’ve made some good progress with the making of my Solo Performance. The first thing I wanted to was to narrow down the images I wanted to be focal in my performance. These images can be seen below:

hqdefault

This image of George W Bush comes from an interview where he discussed the ‘New World Order’. This is a large focus of my performance, as I wanted to use people in power to make the claims that my characters makes seem somewhat plausible, before going into a descent into madness. Online conspiracy details that it is believed the Illuminati go as high as the White House and the House of Lords, so references to those in political power will be made throughout my performance.

maxresdefault

The second key image throughout my performance is the triangle imagery that comes with the New World Order. This will be discussed at length in a ‘recruitment’ style, to make the conspiracy seem soothing and inviting, despite the negative connotations and press it receives.

25b062bd91045996685306babcf5bca4

Illuminati symbolism is something that I am particularly interested in using, as it can be misunderstood for the Masonic imagery. Because of its commonplace appearance, it is often thought that everyday images and poses done by celebrities and those in power and Illuminati images, birthing further conspiracy.

To merge the key images I wanted together into one collective show-section, I placed a soundscape under the images and the video of George W Bush, to which I would deliver the opening monologue (found in the previous post). The timings will need to be changed as a means of making the moments ‘pop’ that I want to, but I’m happy with the direction my piece is taking so far!

Moving forward, I want to do and look into the following things:

1) How Focus Group by TOOT Theatre Company can influence my piece

2) Decide whether I want to keep this tone throughout, or have a drastic shift in tone that I originally planned

Focus Group was brought to my attention in the most recent seminar, which can be seen below. The corporate tone of the piece would be perfect for my Solo performance, with the use of lighting and voice being particularly prevalent. A dim-lighting with it shining on the performance would make the performance seem almost interrogative, which could be ideal for the recruitment tone I wish to write.

WANT: To continue scriptwriting and use the influence of Focus Group and the images I have compiled together to form a recruitment style performance, with some intentionally comedic tones and some unintentional comedic tones.

LEARNT: 1) About Focus Group and how lighting and tone of voice can impact the performance

2) How image, sound and voice can compile together in one individual block.

EXPERIENCE: Overall, my experience with the writing of this work has been rewarding. I think I know the direction I want to take, it’s just a case of narrowing down the ideas in my head and moving forward with the script writing!

Works Cited

TOOT Theatre (2016) Focus Group. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg4Ynowu1Hc [Accessed 10th April 2018]