Technical Rehersal and Performance Changes

Just a quick update after my technical rehearsal!

There’s have been a few changes, as a means of making the technical requirements of my show flow better with the script. Firstly, the original lighting in which I intended to create didn’t appear to full work with the projection, particularly at the point where ‘Image Clip’ comes onto the screen.

The main technical change was the way in which the show ended. The way in which I had done my original tech-based ending was to play a static sound, as to make it appear that the performance had been ‘disrupted’ by the New World Order group. However, this didn’t appear to fully work, as there was little-to-no visual queues for the audience to see. To combat this, the static will be played upon the screen, as a means of ensuring it is crystal clear what is going on.

Thankfully, the technical requirements for the performance meant I was able to remove the Powerpoint style, to move it back to individual images displayed on the screen. When rehearsing this, it felt menial and a bit mundane styling the performance in a ‘powerpoint-presentation’ style.

The main thing going forward before the performance that needs working on is the performance delivery. To look into how I deliver my script, I’ve decided that I will be watching Laurie Anderson’s O’ Superman (2016) to look into how I can perform a somewhat unnerving technical backdrop with my script paired with it.

WANT: To rehearse my script, with reference to the Anderson work, to ensure that I perform the work to the best of my ability.
LEARNT: To be careful about the technical side of my show. Throughout my degree, I’ve always been the scriptwriter within my groups, rather than the technical director. Seeing as this is my solo show, I realised that the technical side of the performance is something I need to work on, as I’ve relied on other group members to do tech in the past, leaving me practically clueless. I’ve also learnt to be careful when performing this kind of ‘unnverving’ material, as the way you perform it ensures that the message behind the performance actually comes across.

EXPERIENCE: The technical experience has been a both good and bad experience. I’ve tweaked my show, to make it the best it can be on Friday. However, it was certainly a stressful experience to say the least! Now that the tech has been altered and I know how to work upon my performance, I’ll begin doing this to ensure my performance goes as well as it can.